This policy aims to provide a basis for the responsible use and/or non use of alcohol by the Park Orchards Football Club (POFC) and is seen as fundamental to the aims of the club.
To ensure the aims of the club are upheld, and that alcohol is managed responsibly by the club and its members, the following requirements will apply when alcohol is served by the club at the club or
- Bar staff shall encourage members and visitors to make alternate safe transport arrangements if they are considered to exceed .05 blood alcohol concentration (or .00 if probationary driver)
- Telephone calls will be made free of charge to arrange a taxi or other transport
- Contact telephone numbers for taxi services will be displayed clearly
- In specific cases, where a designated driver who has been nominated by the club and that person has accepted the responsibility to drive others home safely, may be provided non alcoholic drinks and bar food free of charge by the club
- Bar servers will be provided non alcoholic drinks and bar food free of charge by the club (only for club bar staff)
This policy will be reviewed periodically at a committee meeting to ensure it remains relevant to club operations and reflects both community expectations and legal requirements.